Car Dealer vs. Private Seller
Shopping for a used car can be a lot of fun, but it can also feel overwhelming at times. Before you even get started on your test drives, you’ll have to ask yourself, “Is it better to buy from a car dealer vs. private seller?” Some drivers opt to hit the private market in Medford and Grants Pass in search of an unbeatable deal, but the truth is the extra effort isn’t always worth the hassle. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the pros and of buying from a dealership or a private seller.
Buying from a Private Seller: Pros & Cons
- Owner’s Perspective: If the seller is honest, they’ll have the best insight into the inner workings of the vehicle. They can tell you exactly what to expect during ownership.
- Niche Market: If you’re hunting for a rare or exotic vehicle, it can be easier to find what you want on the private market. Dealerships usually stock more common makes and model.
- No Coverage/Protection: The minute you sign the contract, that car is yours. If it breaks down on the drive home, you’re solely responsible for the damages with no safety net from a warranty.
- Iffy-at-Best Service History: Not all sellers are totally honest, and if they don’t have documentation of service history, you might run into some unexpected problems down the road.
Buying from a Dealership: Pros & Cons
- Competitive Prices/Wide Selection: Dealerships deal with a high volume of cars in Ashland, and they price according to market values. That means you have a huge selection of options with greater room for negotiation.
- Service & Parts Centers: You can easily pick up genuine OEM accessories when you pick up your car, and you can even schedule an inspection or first maintenance visit in the same place.
- Certified Pre-Owned Inventory: If you want extra peace of mind, you can find certified pre-owned models at dealerships. Certified Pre-Owned Honda vehicles offer extra benefits like complete vehicle history report, inspection process, full warranty, and more.
- Trade-Ins: For those who want to trade in a car, the dealership is your one stop shop. Sell your old car, find your next car, complete your financing paperwork, and get everything done in one afternoon!
- Financing: Some customers don’t like financing, and they’d prefer to buy a car with cash. However, financing is the much more common choice due to its convenience for many drivers. And if you prefer to pay in cash, you can do that at Klamath Falls Honda too!
Shop Used Cars for Sale at Klamath Falls Honda!
We’ve gone through the major pros and cons of the car dealer vs. private seller, so are you ready to start shopping? If so, feel free to contact us with your questions at Klamath Falls Honda. We’d love to help you with your Honda research and introduce you to our used inventory, so stop by our showroom in Klamath Falls at any time!
More from Klamath Falls Honda
The Honda Odyssey is a minivan with plenty of space, intelligent tech, and ample performance. It’s a vehicle designed to make commutes and family outings alike simple and convenient. When you inspect the 2024 Honda Odyssey interior, you’ll find comfortable seating for everyone, not to mention advanced technology and a spacious cargo area. The…
The 2023 Honda CR-V interior was designed to be a versatile and stylish vehicle that wows you with its spaciousness and utility. For the 2023 model, the Honda CR-V returns with generous seating space, interior dimensions, and the latest in technology and comfort features. Explore how spacious the CR-V interior dimensions and CR-V seating is…
The 2024 Honda Pilot is all the buzz around Klamath Falls because it’s fun to drive, has impressive mpg ratings, and is incredibly spacious. What can you expect regarding the 2024 Honda Pilot size? With a maximum cargo space of 87 cubic feet, you can store all your groceries and gear when running errands in…