What is the Honda Sensing Package?
Those who’ve owned a Honda in the past know that safety is just one of the brand’s many winning qualities. Next to the stellar safety ratings of new Honda vehicles, the Honda Sensing package stands as further proof of the automaker’s commitment to your well-being. This Honda safety suite helps give drivers throughout Pine Grove and Oretech in the Basin a greater awareness of their surroundings by way of its bundle of cutting-edge active driver assists.
If you’re wondering, “Is Honda Sensing worth it,” why not read on to learn more about the added safety features you can enjoy? Then, once you’ve done your research, be sure to visit Klamath Falls Honda in Klamath Falls for a test drive of any Honda Sensing-equipped vehicle on our lot.
Honda Safety Features: What Does Honda Sensing Include?
The Honda Sensing package is found as standard equipment on all 2018 Honda Accord and Honda Clarity models and can also be acquired on certain trims throughout the rest of the Honda lineup. For instance, if you opt for the new Honda Civic Sedan, Honda Sensing comes standard on the Touring trim and is also an available feature on the LX, EX, EX-T and EX-L models with an automatic transmission. The Honda Sensing package boosts safety to new heights with driver assist technologies that include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): Using a millimeter-wave radar sensor, CMBS is able to identify slowing or stopped vehicles ahead and, in certain circumstances, will automatically brake if the driver takes no action.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): FCW, which works alongside CMBS, can detect straight-ahead vehicles with its forward-facing camera. Should you fail to react, CMBS will then implement automatic braking.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): With its camera, LDW is capable of recognizing lane markings; if the system thinks you are unintentionally drifting from your lane, it’ll will utilize both visual and audible warnings to alert you of your movement.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): While also acting as a traditional cruise control that lets you set a predetermined speed, ACC goes one step further by also allowing you to set a distance interval, which it will then maintain through automatic braking and acceleration of your vehicle.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): At speeds of 45 mph and higher, LKAS uses steering torque to help keep your vehicle centered in its lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): If the system thinks you’re leaving the road unintentionally or switching lanes without using a signal, RDM can apply steering torque to return your vehicle to its previous position.
Experience Honda Sensing at Klamath Falls Honda
Learn how Honda Sensing outmatches Toyota Safety Sense, and then test drive any of our models outfitted with Honda Sensing technology simply by contacting Klamath Falls Honda today to schedule an appointment! At our Klamath Falls Honda dealership, we look forward to demonstrating all the ways the new Honda lineup can help keep you safe.
Recent News from Klamath Falls Honda
The 2019 Honda Accord mpg ratings are impressive and just one reason why the sedan remains a favorite for Pine Grove and Oretech drivers. With three engine options and three separate transmissions available, the Accord can be relied upon to deliver a blend of power and impressive gas mileage that is suited to your individual needs….
Contact Us HondaLink is a connectivity suite that enhances your daily drive in a variety of ways. The HondaLink first-generation system allowed drivers to connect their compatible smartphone to do a few convenient things that improved driver safety, including: Hands-Free Calling Phonebook Access Music Streaming Selected App Access Advanced Technology The updated HondaLink next-generation software…
2018 Coloring Contest: Enter to Win! Enter to win 2 tickets to Pelican Cinemas: Winners announced December 29th Our 2018 Coloring Contest is open to everyone with only 2 age groups! 8 years old and under and 9 and over.Submissions must be received by December 28, 2018. No purchase necessary to win! Winners announced December 29,…