Honda Accord Safety Features
With a wide selection of safety features, the 2018 Honda Accord is a top pick for Medford and Lakeview drivers concerned with protection. Peace of mind comes as standard, thanks to an array of active and passive safety features. You’ll even get standard Honda Sensing Suite for forward-thinking safety.
The new Honda Accord’s active safety features will constantly monitor your drive, then step in if you should ever lose control.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: Monitors the speed of your Accord, the relative speed of each wheel, the amount of turn on the steering wheel, and the current path of the vehicle. If the car deviates from the correct path, the Vehicle Stability Assist system helps bring you back on track.
- Traction Control: When one or more of your wheels experiences insufficient traction, the Accord will automatically reduce engine power until you’re back in control.
- Electronic Brake Distribution: Distributes braking power according to which wheels are braking most effectively.
Honda Accord Safety Rating
The 2018 Honda Accord Sedan safety rating from the NHTSA is 5 stars overall*. With an ACE (Advanced Compatibility Engineering) body structure that directs impact energy away from the cabin, it can help protect you and your passengers.
An array of airbags complements the Accord’s body structure by cushioning you and your occupants from harm, and Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) seating ensures that child seats can be properly secured without effort.
The standard Honda Sensing Suite delivers state-of-the-art driver-assistance technologies to your Accord. Technologies include:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): This system can determine your position on the road, then provide an alert if it detects you leaving your chosen lane without indicating.
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS): If you keep deviating from your chosen lane after the Lane Departure Warning system has alerted you, corrective steering pressure will be applied.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): Automatically adjusts your cruising speed to account for the distance between your Accord and the vehicle ahead.
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM): Uses common markings to read your position on the road, then provides corrective steering if you begin to leave it.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): Constantly scans the area ahead of your vehicle, then provides an alert if a frontal collision becomes likely.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): Should you fail to react to the alert provided by the Forward Collision Warning System, the brakes will be applied to prevent a frontal collision.
The Honda Accord Safety Features Speak for Themselves!
The 2018 Honda Accord surrounds Medford and Lakeview drivers with Honda Sensing and other technologies. To check it out for yourself, or to learn more about its maintenance needs, contact Klamath Falls Honda and schedule a test drive.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.