The 2018 Honda Accord: Specs, Engines, & MPG
The 2018 Honda Accord engines and transmissions combine to offer tailor-made performance and efficiency. Best of all, you’ll be able to create your own blend of power and fuel economy while enjoying the Accord’s standout benefits, such as a spacious interior, top-of-the-line technologies, and first-class safety.
The Honda Accord specs promise a more vibrant drive than you might expect, given its noted family-friendly interior. The team over at Honda has wisely decided to offer two turbocharged engines, allowing for sporty performance and efficiency all around.
- Standard 1.5L Turbo 4-Cylinder Engine: The Accord generates 192 hp and 192 lb-ft of torque right out of the gate. Eco Assist System helps you monitor fuel usage and make changes to better conserve fuel.
- Optional 2.0L Turbo 4-Cylinder Engine: Available for Sport, EX-L, and Touring, this peppy engine puts you in command of 252 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque.
The Accord continues to put your wishes first by offering a selection of three available transmissions to refine your output. At its base level, it’s more fuel-efficient than the Nissan Maxima and rivals the Toyota Camry‘s renowned highway mpg. The Accord offers a range of powertrain options to customize your drive.
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission: Standard on the Accord Sport, the 6-speed manual uses precision-shift action and low internal friction to shift smoothly and seamlessly. Coupled with the standard engine, it helps achieve a Honda Accord MPG rating of 26 mpg city/35 mpg highway*.
- CVT: CVT systems utilize a sophisticated belt and pulley mechanism in place of fixed gears, and they’re wonderfully efficient. This transmission allows the Accord to achieve up to 30 mpg city/38 mpg highway* with its base engine.
- 10-Speed Automatic Transmission: This transmission supplies effortless shifting with its wide range of gear ratios. Paired with the standard engine, the 10-speed automatic earns up to 23 mpg city/34 mpg highway*.
The 2018 Honda Accord’s Performance Exceeds Expectations!
Drivers always assume the Accord will ride well, but they seldom anticipate just how much fun it can be to get behind the wheel. If you’d like to experience the power of the Honda Accord engines for yourself, don’t hesitate to visit Klamath Falls Honda! You’ll find us just a short drive away from Medford and Lakeview.
*30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for 1.5T LX, EX and EX-L models with CVT. 26 city/35 highway/30 combined mpg rating for 1.5T Sport models with 6-speed manual transmission. 29 city/35 highway/31 combined mpg rating for 1.5T Sport and Touring models with CVT. 22 city/32 highway/26 combined mpg rating for 2.0T Sport models with 6-speed manual transmission. 22 city/32 highway/26 combined mpg rating for 2.0T Sport and Touring models with 10-speed automatic transmission. 23 city/34 highway/27 combined mpg rating for 2.0T EX-L models with 10-speed automatic transmission. 47 city/47 highway/47 combined mpg rating for Hybrid models with E-CVT. Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.